An international consortium of grassroots activists working to abolish International Finance Institutions.
- Facilitated foundational meetings over 2 days. Using simultaneous translation, 50+ participants from around the world developed a common platform and written statement calling for the abolition of the World Bank, IMF, and other IFIs and established a strategy for ongoing communication and outreach.
Extreme Energy Organizers
A collaboration of Vermont activists addressing energy related issues.
- Facilitated initial gatherings of the statewide group, in which 15 – 20 activists from issue-specific projects explored in depth areas of common critique and strategy, along with areas of potential conflict. Members created and prioritized joint plans, and established the basis for future collaborations.
A regional organization providing services and education to eradicate domestic and sexual violence.
- Facilitated day-long staff and board retreat integrating new board members, strengthened board-staff understanding, and prioritized organizational goals.
- Facilitated large public forum addressing issues of domestic violence in the community. Worked with staff to frame questions for moderated panel presentation followed by an open audience discussion.
Agricultural organization working closely with farmers and community members to expand composting.
- Facilitated initial meeting of Advisory Board to establish their framework and priorities for a new program.
- Facilitated stakeholder meeting for farmers facing critical funding cuts, developing a strategic plan and timeline to maintain their program.
A statewide network of adult education centers.
- Developed and facilitated three days of leadership training for key staff and managers. Participants identified barriers to effective management and developed individual and joint strategies for improvement. Led customized workshops in communication and facilitation.
Child Haven International, Nepal
Gandhian group home for 250 children.
- Utilized a conflict management approach to address a spate of challenging behavior from adolescents in the home. Coordinated a team of teen leaders, staff, and management as they developed a Code of Conduct for all children and staff.
A membership association of organic farmers.
- Facilitated day-long Board and staff retreat. Participants discussed controversial GMO policy under development and developed membership campaign.
A diversified dairy family farm.
- Facilitated development of shared goals for a complex intergenerational family farm in transition. Interviewed individuals, mediated specific conflicts, and conducted all-family meetings. Family renewed commitment and found the cohesion necessary to continue the farm’s transition, determined specific solutions to challenges, and established shared goals and protocols for their future work together.
Buffalo Mountain Food Co-op
A collectively managed consumer co-operative.
- Facilitated Visioning Committee comprised of members at large, board members, and collective staff through a 4 month process exploring initially polarized visions, identifing common values, and highlighting key concerns. Their work culminated in a comprehensive, consensus based document for the board, outlining strategies and next steps.
Champlain Valley Mutual Housing Federation
A member organization of affordable, limited equity housing cooperatives.
- Facilitated development of resident control for 16 housing co-ops. Provided trainings to equip residents with skills necessary to manage housing including decision making, committee structures, financial management, conflict resolution, understanding legal documents, and member selection.
Safe space for women.
- Facilitated meetings in which members revised a controversial policy about the presence of male children on the women’s land.
Langdon Street Café
A collective business with a community focus.
- Facilitated several meetings of the collective members to address conflicts and improve communication.
Burlington Farmers Market
Association of more than 40 vendors.
- Facilitated annual membership meetings, developing agenda and strategy with leadership. Moderated discussion of wide ranging issues. Facilitated a special meeting to reassess a controversial market reconfiguration.
A partnership of non-profits pioneering the farm-to-school model.
- Facilitated strategic two-day retreats. Leadership group reviewed pilot program, clarified respective roles, strengthened collaboration, and developed plans for the next year of the program.
A tenant association of closely cooperating, independent organic farms.
- Facilitated day-long annual meetings. Farmers negotiated issues balancing cooperation and competition and modified their policies.